Since 1964, the Presidents Council has offered private donors a unique opportunity to significantly impact University of Illinois campuses and programs. From 85 charter members in 1964, this group now numbers 10,500 dedicated supporters. Members include those who have made outright gifts of $25,000 or more in their lifetimes, as well as those who have made deferred gifts of $50,000 or more. This program alone has recorded more than $500 million in private gifts to support the University.
More than a society of generous contributors, Presidents Council members actively support our mission by lending their professional experience and input to University officials.
Council recognition levels
All prior gifts to the University of Illinois Foundation and the University count toward Council membership and recognition levels*, regardless of previously designated campus beneficiaries. Corporate matching gifts qualify as well.
*New pledges are not accepted for Council membership. Joint membership is extended to couples at all recognition levels.
Council Giving Levels
- Membership Circle: $25,000 cumulative outright giving or $50,000 deferred
- Consular Circle: $50,000 cumulative outright giving or $100,000 deferred
- Centuria Circle: $100,000 cumulative outright giving or $200,000 deferred
- Pentad Circle: $500,000 cumulative outright giving or deferred
Laureate Circle Levels of Distribution
- Laureate Circle: $1 million cumulative outright giving or deferred
- Principal Circle: $5 million cumulative outright giving or deferred
- Pinnacle Circle: $10 million cumulative outright giving or deferred
All Council members receive the following tokens of appreciation:
- Membership identification card
- Your name entered onto the Council membership honor roll
- Invitations to various nationwide events
- Invitations to the Annual Meeting of the University of Illinois Foundation and Council on the Urbana-Champaign campus
- Lapel or tie-tack pins
- 30% discount on University of Illinois Press purchases
- Engraved Council certificate embossed with your name and signed by the University President
In addition, each campus offers specific courtesies to Council members, including:
- Selected library privileges
- Selected discounts
Council members enrolled in the Laureate Circle levels receive additional distinctive tokens of appreciation.
Membership Contact Information
For membership information, contact your college, department or support unit development office. Or contact the University of Illinois Foundation at 217-333-0810. You may also email Director of Engagement & Donor Relations, Jacquline Schweighart.